Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Monogram and Initial Everything!

Here is a rainy day craft that will be done in 1 hour or less - I promise - well, unless you get too detailed and then it's not my fault. When I was in college, my bedding was a fun teal and green paisley print and I wanted something small to hang on the wall that would match the colors in the bedding. Then when I graduated and moved on to a bigger bed (and thus new bedding), I was able to incorporate the colors with my Lilly paintings (see: Cant Get Enough of that Classic Pink and Green). 

I picked up a paper mache letter from the craft store in the biggest size they had - probably about 2ft tall. I painted it with regular acrylic craft paint and glued grosgrain ribbon to the back to hang it.

Here is the result:


You can see how with a few details it fits into both rooms. 



A year later I made another one for my friend Kathy for her birthday. This one took a bit longer because of the detail. I used a silver paint pen for the scrolls 


Thanks so much for visiting and be sure to subscribe to get updates on new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment