Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Heirloom Wreath How-To

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Best wishes to you and your family during the holiday season!

I love wreaths! They are great on front doors and interior walls alike and fun for all seasons. I saw this amazing beaded wreath in a Martha Stewart Magazine and knew I had to have it.  I can't really imagine Martha sitting around and stringing hundred of seed bead but I suppose one of the advantages of being a billionaire is that your have minions to do these things for you. This isn't a very difficult project, just a time consuming one, so pop in your favorite holiday movie(s) and get to it! I have included the directions straight from the source here:



I followed these instructions completely but if I were do this again I would make the ring that you attach the leaves to out of a less malleable/ larger gauge wire because the ring has a tendency to become slightly ovoid when hanging under the weight of all the beads. 

All of the leaf and pearl bunches ready to go






Just tie a bow on the wreath and hang it up!

Thanks for reading and please email subscribe (fill in your email on the right) to get notifications for new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment